Friday, December 14, 2007

Glee Club

Jack's Christmas performance
Advent Calendar Day 13

Jack has been waking up early on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays since mid October to be a part of the 5th and 6th grade school choir--The Glee Club. It has not been an easy task to wake up early and get to practice on time, but somehow he did it and now we are all glad that he will be back to a normal schedule. He was able to perform Christmas songs all week with the glee club on field trips to church Christmas dinners, nursing homes, UDOT, other elementary schools and his own school. We all went last night (except Ryan who is still recuperating) to watch him perform. It was so fun to see all of these kids singing...but not only singing...but doing it happily and loudly (now if I could only get them to sing like this in Primary =) ). I even got a little teary-eyed watching him perform. He just looked so cute up there singing and dancing to the songs. (Just a side note...the boy right in front of Jack has Down syndrome and also participated in the choir and did such a good job. That also made me a little teary-eyed.) I am not sure if all the emotions are related to Christmas (my sweet grandma Norma wasn't ever able to hear Christmas songs without crying) or maybe it has something to do with all those pregnancy hormones or maybe it just goes along with being a proud mom! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think it is the Christmas season. I seem to be teary eyed with almost every Christmas song I hear. It definitely makes me think of my sweet mom more than ever.
I also got emotional when I saw how big Jack is getting. He definitely should have won the award (if there had been one) for 'most enthusiastic'
Even Grandpa commented that he didn't know school kids could sing so well!

Brittany said...

That is very cool for Jack to put in all that effort at such a young age for something like that. I bet he did great. On another note, I added one of these maps to my blog and it's kind of freakin me out. Like you said, who in Chile is looking at my blog?

THM said...

Hi Heather,

My mom just sent be your blog to look at. I can't believe how grown up everyone is! Please take care of yourself!

Love,
Toni Mehraban