I decorated the house in gold. 15 helium balloons with a picture from each year hanging on the balloon, cake with golden sprinkles and golden fountain and 15 presents wrapped in gold foil. Each present having something to do with “gold”.
Ryan’s birthday was on a Friday but he didn’t have school that day since the trimester ended the day before. He got to sleep in and wake up when he was ready to open his presents. And then had big plans to go out with his friends for a Birthday breakfast.
His 15 Golden Gifts:
1. Golden skull bank
2. Golden Eye 007 Xbox game
3. Goldfish Crackers
4. iPhone 5 (wrapped in gold)
5. Golden tie clip
6. Gold yo yo
7. Gold mirror cube puzzle
8. Golden compass
9. Gold iPhone stylus
10. Black and Gold athletic shorts
11. Willow Tree Heart of Gold figurine
12. Gold Rolo’s candy
13. Ferrero Rocher chocolates
14. iPhone Golden case
15. Hairdryer (couldn’t find a gold one so it was black--wrapped in gold)
Birthday breakfast with his friends
He had a little party that night at our house. Pizza, Movie and Treats.
Ryan, Daniel, Tanner, Tate and Adi
In honor of his 15th Birthday . . . 15 random things about Ryan.
1. He got his braces off in February and 9 months later is just realizing he has good teeth and should really show them when he smiles.
2. Our school district switched things up this year and moved 9th grade up to the high school. He was the first class to get moved up and is a big high schooler this year. He signed up for AP and Honor classes and got a 3.6 first trimester.
3. He is playing football again this year even though he lost his partner-in-crime, Tate, this year and didn’t have a quarterback on his team that could continue with a passing game.
4. He started his first job last December at the middle school. He’s a sweeper and works every day after school for about 2 hours. He loves getting his monthly deposit in his bank and usually celebrates with a debit card transaction at the convenient store on the corner.
5. He went to EFY for the first time this summer with his friend, Tate and came home with a renewed faith and love for the gospel.
6. He wanted part of his big birthday gift early this year. We found just what he wanted at the Skullcandy warehouse in Park City.
7. He learned how to bake in his FACs class. He is going to make one girl a very lucky wife one day!
8. Church basketball champions. Once again.
9. He went on Pioneer Trek over the summer. I didn’t hear much about this from Ryan or Jack but am glad they had this opportunity to go learn more about the pioneers and the sacrifices they made so we can enjoy the gospel today.
10. Fun Run with the family. “The family that colors together, stays together!” It took weeks to get this chalk out of car, carpets, hair, skin and house.
11. He is a great big brother!
12. I made a deal with the boys when they were younger that if they played the piano until they were 16 they could have any cell phone they wanted. Jack stuck to that deal but Ryan quit piano about 6 months before he turned 15. He got a cell phone for his birthday but had to agree to pay the monthly data fee until he did something else that equalled practicing the piano everyday. He decided he would work on earning his Eagle in Scouting. Let’s just say he is still paying the monthly fee since he hasn’t done any scouting at home since that conversation.
13. He is now old enough to get his Learner’s Permit to drive but the DMV is only open weekdays until 5:00. Ryan works everyday after school until 5. We just need to get him there before May 15th in order for him to be able to get his driver’s license on his 16th birthday.
14. He loves to snow ski and takes the bus up to Brighton Ski Resort with his friends.
15. Ryan’s middle school was torn down after his last day of 8th grade to build a new one.
Happy 15th Birthday, Ryan! We love you! xoxo