Wednesday, December 23, 2009

All I want for Christmas?

Morgan is my hardest child to shop for because she chooses the most random things to play with.
Like these polished rocks
She likes to sort, organize and pour things. If you know a toy that fits that description please let me know. So what does she want for Christmas? COOKIES!!!

She had her first school program and I wasn't sure what to expect. She's been singing all of the songs around the house for weeks now but I knew anything could happen when she was in front of everyone--either a complete ham or not sing a word. She was SO cute and sang and danced all through the program. I was all choked up watching her perform with her classmates. I wonder if that's how it will always be for me when I see her accomplish something. Probably. I was so nervous about our decision to mainstream her this year but it has been the BEST experience for her!

When we decided to have Morgan go to the neighborhood elementary school my biggest hope was that she would make friends and develop socially. Gracey has been amazing for Morgan. We almost lost her to a different school when her family moved 30+ miles away. I was so sad for Morgan and couldn't stop crying. But somehow they figured out a way to keep her at the same school. She's always by Morgan's side and helping however she can. I love seeing such love and compassion in a child only 6 years old. Her parents must be doing something right!

Morgan and Gracey

Morgan's cute aide, McKenna. She rocks!!!
We just got this note from McKenna:

Heather and Gavin
I just wanted to let you both know how much I have enjoyed spending time with Morgan. I have grown to love this little girl unconditionally! She has truly been a blessing in my life. I think I have the best job in the world! Morgan is brilliant and she is so blessed to have such a loving family to care for her! I am doing my best everyday to make a difference in her life and to help her in every way I can! Morgan is making progress everyday and I couldn't be more proud of her! Thanks so much for your constant support!
McKenna

Morgan's first perfect spelling test!
Here's some video footage of her hamming it up at her program. She was so excited when she saw her grandma and grandpa walk in and wanted to make sure all of her friends around her also knew they were there.


4 comments:

grandma bethany said...

Oh, I so agree with you! I was so emotional watching our little Morgan singing and being 'one of the kids'. What a wonderful experience she is having with such a good school, a great teacher, friends and her aide! Hugs to all of them!

Jenni and Chad Stewart said...

Aww, so cute. My favorite is the Hot Cocoa song and the little dance that goes with it. I love that you can hear her on the video saying hi to Grandma and Papa. What a sweetie! Glad the mainstreaming is working out.

Emily said...

I'm so glad to hear that Morgan's year is going well! I remember you were really worried about it at first. She looks so cute singing with all the kids!

Macy will start pre-school next fall, yikes! She still seems like a baby to me (maybe because she doesn't have much hair yet!) I am quite nervous and wondering how it will all work out for her. I feel like I am a new parent all over again with her sometimes!

Michelle said...

She is just so beautiful! and wow! Great job on the spelling test!!