Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Remembering Jason

It's hard to believe that it has already been a year since we got the awful news that Jason (my brother-in-law) had died in a skiing accident. It honestly seems just like yesterday and still feels like it can't be true. We were just getting to know him when he was taken from our family. He was married to Gavin's sister, Laurie, for two years and they had a two month old baby girl. We miss Jason so much!

I love this picture of Laurie! This was taken 6 months after they were married, holding their new nephew. The smile on Laurie's face is priceless. It is easy to forget how happy she was with Jason by her side! I miss that smile!

This picture was taken one month before Jason died. He is out in his backyard (connected to a golf course) where he spent a lot of his time playing in the snow and snow shoeing. He had a special bond with his nephew, Noah.



This picture was taken two weeks before Jason died. We are all on Jason and Laurie's front porch after Lily's baby blessing in Jeremy Ranch. (I'm not in the picture because I was the one taking the picture). How lucky that Lolly insisted on getting us all together for this picture. I remember lots of complaining about the sun being in faces, being hungry and cold and not wanting to pose for pictures. It would have been so easy to just have waited for another 'more convenient' time and not have taken this photo. This is our last family picture with all of us together.



Jason, Lily and Laurie at their house after the Lily's baby blessing. I absolutely LOVE this picture of the three of them together. I'm not sure, but I think this may be their only family picture. I'm so glad I decided to take this picture before I got in my car to go back home. Jason lived each day to fullest. He accomplished so much in his life. We are so lucky that we got to know him and have him be a part of our family. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge that we will all be with Jason again.

2 comments:

Randy said...

Thanks for sharing that Heather. He sounded like a neat guy. Hope your sister-in-law is doing well.

Shauna said...

Wow, how sad...sorry for your family to have to go through that. Sounds like a great guy! You know, I get teased for always having the camera handy; but, like to tell them they will appreciate it someday. You never know how valuable that picture may be to you, and others, some day!