Friday, October 31, 2008

The real deal

I don't remember Halloween being such a big deal when I was little or lasting for so long. My kids always get so much use out of their costumes during the month of October with all of the pre-Halloween festivities that the costumes usually look quite used by the time Halloween actually rolls around. I do remember trick or treating when I was little and all of us emptying out our pillow cases when we got home to see who got the best and most items (and always looking for that hidden razor blade inside the apple), but I don't really remember any of my costumes. Guess I'll have to dig through my mom's pictures to help stir up some memories.

We just got in from a beautiful (warm, with a little wind and rain) evening of trick or treating. We started the night with a neighborhood get together/dinner at the Wilko's house. Which is always a great time with all the families.




The hosts of the neighborhood get together--looking GOOD!!



Apparently trick or treating is a learned behavior which we forgot to teach or explain to Griffin. We went up to the first house with Morgan and Griffin and when the lady came to the door Griffin managed to squeeze by her and walked right inside her house and headed towards the kitchen. Meanwhile Morgan was acting like she was taking the sacrament at church (she always grabs a handful of bread) and grabbed handfuls of candy and stuck it in her bag. Griffin got the gist of it after a few houses! Jack and Ryan went on their own with their friends and then Jack ended the night at a friend's house for a Halloween party (makes him seem so old!)

Our first house--she has no idea what Griffin has planned!


Ryan with his friends out trick or treating

3 comments:

Brittany said...

The only thing I remember about halloween was that my candy was pretty much gone within about a week and Blake would still have some of his when Easter rolled around.

My name is Sarah said...

Looks like a great Halloween.

Steph Kearns said...

I can't believe you are so on top of your blog!! I don't know how you find the time to do all that you do. You truly are one amazing woman!!