- Don't jump on the first double decker tour bus available. Be prepared to misunderstand the driver of the bus when asking what makes their bus tour different from the other ones. "Longer" doesn't always mean the actual tour time but could also be the wait for the next bus in between stops. Like 1-2 hours when the other tour buses are available every 15 minutes.
me, Rae (sis-in-law), Heidi (sister) and Renee
- Don't leave a nursing baby for a 4 day vacation with only a manual breast pump. Inconvenient. Time consuming. And ultimately unsuccessful with keeping milk in.
- Don't wear flip flops on a 12 mile (mostly uphill) bike ride. Also it might be a good idea to be in shape before attempting this ride. And walking up most of the hills with your bike can be kind of embarrassing.
- The great feeling of accomplishment that comes with crossing the Golden Gate Bridge and making it to Sausalido
- Always be prepared. When sharing a room with 3 other girls, you can never be too sure of your cycle.
- Take a blanket with you to the movies. Otherwise you'll leave the movie with sore muscles from being so tense. And it doesn't even help to clench your fists in the "t" position.
- If your name is Rae -- stay away from the clam chowder!! Unless you want to learn more about the restroom at the top of Nike Town.
- San Francisco is a beautiful, windy city!
Heidi, me , Rae and Renee
- Be careful when looking out your hotel window. You may see a naked man talking on his cell phone in the window across from yours. (Sorry no photo)
- When in Chinatown, don't ask the local merchants for restaurant advice. You'll never find the restaurant and end up walking past lots of potential, yummy dining areas.
me and my sister Heidi
- Don't worry too much about packing the 'right' outfit. Anything goes in San Francisco.
- The toy stores carry candy jewelry for both children and adults (or Gavin)!
- Be sure to go to Sacrament meeting on Sunday. But whatever you do -- DO NOT walk back to the hotel. This is not the time for missionary work. No matter what the mission president said in his Sacrament meeting talk.
- It is so much fun to hang out with my sweet sisters!
- Take time to eat a $3 cupcake and enjoy the music and sunshine in Ghirardelli Square.
- It's never too early to start planning next year's girl's weekend trip.
Me and my sis-in-law Rae
- And the #1 thing I learned -- It's always nice to come home and know that you are loved!