Sunday, July 13, 2008

SFF!


Remember the BFF thing from high school? Well Tara and I decided to be 'SFF' (Super Friends Forever) in high school since we both already had a BFF. I know, so stupid now but at the time it made perfect sense! Tara and I became great friends in 8th grade. Then a few years after high school, she moved away to Colorado, started her career, and got married, and our friendship turned into the annual Christmas card correspondence. Until a few years ago when we got savvy with emailing. It was quite exciting last year to find out we were both expecting babies (my last and her first) within days of each other. Mia is four days older than Tristan. And they got to meet for the first time last week while Tara was in town for a family reunion. It was so great to see Tara again and definitely a highlight of my week! So fun to go out to lunch with my 'super friend' and feel like no time has passed --except for our hair is not as big and Tara is no longer a blond (and we may be a little older--about 20 years)!

<

3 comments:

Heidi Rushing said...

Oh my gosh! I remember Tara! What great pictures and what awful hair! That was a fun trip down memory lane!

Grandma Bethany said...

How fun to see these pictures...Seems like just yesterday with your friends and you at the house and Lake Powell.Many good memories!

Karol said...

Great pictures!! <----read with sarcasm! No, really, that was a fun slide show. I was just telling my friend the other day about how fun it was going with your family to Lake Powell. The junior high pictures though..... let's just keep those tucked away, alright? ;)

Sounds like a fun get together with Tara - great to see her picture, what darling babies!!!!

Love your BFF ;)