Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another year wiser?

I think I am just another year older this year! Happy Birthday to me! Birthdays aren't really that much fun anymore and even less fun when they fall on a Sunday. But Gavin did his best to make my birthday as fun as possible.

I woke up to this cute homemade cake . . .
We {heart} You
And these cute kids . . .

And of course the gifts . . .

I have a love/hate relationship with this ipod nano. Gavin, Jack and Ryan have all had ipods for several years and I finally decided that if my children had one than I deserved to have one of my own, too. So a few months ago, I went to Sam's Club and very hesitantly purchased myself a cute, blue, ipod nano. It wasn't an easy purchase...I felt really guilty for spending that much money on something so trivial. But the guilt lessened as I started to download my favorite music on it and loved my ipod -- At least for two weeks-- it got lost somewhere between SLC and Puerto Vallarta in May. I couldn't rationalize buying another one. So Gavin got me a replacement for my birthday. And once again I am enjoying my new ipod nano.

4 comments:

Grandma Bethany said...

How cute of Gavin to make you his special bundt cake. Having your husband bake you a cake is something many women never experience! (hint..hint)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Heather. Hope it was a wonderful day! :) The Stillmans

Heidi Rushing said...

Looks like a great bday! Hope you enjoyed it, you deserve a special day at least once a week! What book did you get? Was that "The Host"? If you don't like it I can bring "Rhett's Butler's People" out with me in a few weeks!

Cami said...

What a fun birthday! You look great as always!:)