Friday, May 23, 2008

The terrible (but extremely polite) twos!

So Griffin won't be two until July but he doesn't feel the need to waste any time -- he is full blown into the 'terrible' stage of whatever age he is! He really is so busy every minute of the day. I am sure my others were this busy but for some reason I just don't remember it being quite this bad or lasting so long. I thought it was cute at first but after 6 months I am ready for this stage to be over! He loves to empty the fridge, dishwasher, utility closet, under the sinks, drawers, break my computer CD/DVD drives, pull the pillows off the couches, etc. He's also in the 'no stage' where every request is answered with a "no" but (here's a nice little twist) he says "No, thank you!" in his sweet, high pitched voice. At least the boy's got manners!






4 comments:

THM said...

ya might wanna think about child-proofing! ha ha!

heather said...

I thought about that after I posted. Just for the record--I now have a lock on my fridge and the cabinets but really can I put a childproof lock on EVERY drawer in the home? Because that is what it is going to take to stop this monster!!

Grandma Bethany said...

Oh but such a darling little 'monster'. He is by far the busiest little almost two year old I have seen! I have missed him these past two weeks.

Christy said...

Hi- This is Heidi's friend with the bus for a car! I laughed so hard at the picture of the eggs on the floor! It took me back to many egg cartons on our floor in the past! I had almost forgot...almost! Miley is 18 months old and starting in on this too! Just this week we have had several toy rescues performed out of the toilets and I am considering just unloading the dishwasher onto the floor, it would save a step... of me putting things away in the cupboards and her pulling them out, slobbering on them and tossing them on the kitchen floor! I love reading your blog! Big families are great!