Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy 39th Birthday, Gavin!


It's a shArK PaRtY!!!

As the kids woke up this morning, I reminded them that it was dad's birthday. Morgan let me know she'd like some cake for breakfast. Unfortunately the cake wasn't made in time for breakfast. Griffin was the most excited though.

"Happy Birthday, Dad! What kind of party is it? I want a Spiderman party for my birthday."

"I don't know. What kind of party should I have?"

"A shark party!"




We went to the store (while Gavin was getting a 90 minute massage) to try to find something "shark" related for his party. We found some cute gummy sharks for his cake and cupcakes. When Gavin got home Griffin ran up to him and reminded him it was his birthday and told him we bought shark candy at the store for his party. So much for a surprise.






Might as well get double use out of this balloon. Hadley got it for her birthday and it's perfect for an almost 40 year old man.


We ended the Birthday festivities with a yummy dinner at our favorite restaurant, Tiburon (which ironically means "Shark" in Spanish).

Adam and Cami joined us for dinner and a movie. Adam and Gavin share the same birthday.

The birthday boys

Happy Birthday Gavin! We love you!

7 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

Did he get to trade a son for a daughter too?
Trent will be 40 in Sept. I think I am going to do a huge surprise black party for him.

Beverly said...

Happy Bday Gavin! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Kristin said...

Oooh - that is a great balloon!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Gavin! We are so glad that you were born. Have a great year.

:)
The Ellises

Cami said...

Happy Birthday! It was a great time!

DKAZ said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! You don't look a day over 38...how can it be that you are 39!?! I'm excited for your surprise birthday party next year. I won't forget the pink cupcake balloon. Good Job H on the Shark theme all day long.

Brittany said...

When I first saw that balloon I definitely thought of Gavin, and wanted to let you know that you look so pretty in the picture of you guys at dinner!