Eleven Years OldRyan has been asking non-stop for another hamster. His first 2 hamsters died after a few weeks (hibernation and stress) and we decided to take a break for awhile. These past few weeks it's been non-stop hamster talk from Ryan. Things like, "Hey mom come out to the garage, there's something I want to show you." and then once in the garage, "Ok, now get in the car and let's go get a hamster!" He didn't want any old hamster though. It needed to be a Black Bear Hamster. I started calling around a few days before his birthday and called about 10 pet stores before I finally found a store that had one in stock. I took Ryan to make sure it was all he had been dreaming about. It was instant love.
Technically my kids don't have Birthday parties after their 10th birthday. Instead they can invite a few friends to go do something. Ryan chose to go see the movie, "Shorts" and then a late over at our house playing video games. I think they all had a good time and were happy to hang out together until midnight.
"11" cake--hey he's not even supposed to get a party so he should be thrilled with this custom creation!
Showing off his birthday presents. We watched "UP" on his birthday and then he chose BFD (Breakfast For Dinner) for his Birthday dinner. He's been reading The 39 Clue books non-stop since his birthday.
In honor of his 11th birthday---
1. He keeps us laughing with his quick wit and sense of humor even when sharing his testimony in FHE.
2. A great cub scout. He has worked hard all 3 years in cubs and has earned his Arrow of Light. He is excited to start going to Boy Scouts now.
3. A cuddler. It's always fun to sit next to him on the couch because there's always a guaranteed cuddle.
4. Enjoys our family tv nights--watching Survivor and Amazing Race.
5. Athletic and really excels at football and basketball. He knows everything about the NFL and NBA teams and players (from his wii games).
6. He's earning his Bachelor's Degree in his 5th grade class and learning all about animals.
7. Enjoys playing the piano and has had several opportunities to share this talent-- played the prelude music in Sacrament Meeting for the Primary program and the opening and closing hymns at the Stake Priesthood Preview.
8. A loyal friend. His best friends are Tate, Tanner and Truman.
9. He is terrible at brushing his teeth but somehow is the one to never have cavities at the dentist.
10. He doesn't like sweets. He's always the one with Halloween candy left over months later, ice cream melting everywhere, and he doesn't like donuts and just ask Jack, "everyone loves donuts!!" (Maybe #9 and #10 are related.)
11. He likes to listen to Christmas music while going to sleep.
Happy 11th Birthday, Ryan! We love you!!!