Monday, January 12, 2009

Skiing fun

My New Year's Eve celebrating began early in the morning with skiing on the mountain! I grew up skiing but never really enjoyed it that much because there is nothing I hate more than being cold! In fact I have only gone a few times in the past 20 years but when my friends called and invited me to go with them I decided to give it a try. It was warm and sunny--the perfect day for skiing! I took Hadley (her first time to ski) and Jack with me.



Hadley and Jack



Matt, Rhett, Hadley, Ellie, Lizzy and Jack




Getting ready to hit the slopes





My friend was so sweet to let Hadley ski in between her skis but then we decided to try a little harder trail and went down this hill that was a little steeper. Hadley fell on my friend which made my friend twist her knees. Then she was so scared she decided to take off her skis and 'slide' down the rest of the hill (Notice her trail all the way down the hill! :) That's when I decided that the best place for Hadley was here--

She loved ski school and her teacher said she is ready for the next class. We went down some runs together and she did great! What a fun way to end 2008!

2 comments:

Vennesa said...

Ha! I'm remembering your ski class at BYU. Didn't you get an A? And I'm not sure you ever actually went to the class!

Heidi Rushing said...

Now you know why you are so tired! That will be hard to top!