Ever since our trip to Disneyland, Mia has loved Mickey Mouse and everything else that goes with him. The first words out of her mouth every morning are "Mickey House?" asking if she can watch Mickey's Clubhouse while she eats breakfast. This made choosing her birthday theme extremely easy--Mickey and his friends.
My big 2 year old!!!
We had two celebrations and two cakes -- her first celebration was on her actual birthday with just our family. I made a cinnamon pudding bundt cake (thanks Annie for the yummy recipe) for her first party. Ryan took a bite and said, "FINALLY, A cake that tastes better than the frosting!" We usually have lots of cake left over for a few days but this one was all gone by that night. So it may not be the cutest cake but it was the yummiest.
Mia's invitation from last year still gets 5-10 hits a day from the weirdest places around the world. Luckily I didn't put any personal information on it and decided to do the same with her invitation this year. But I'm still a little nervous that people will be able to find us by looking for the happiest home on earth.
Oh Toodles . . .
Ready for the guests to arrive
We had almost 4o people at her party ( half of them kids). It was so nice to have so many family members come and help us celebrate! I decided to follow the Mickey Mouse theme for dinner and did a hot dog buffet dinner. Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog. Everyone seemed to like it except for one family member who let us all know she felt like she was eating school lunch and wasn't happy about it.
We played "Pin the ears on Mickey" and the kids wore a big Mickey Mouse hat to hide their eyes. Grace won the game by getting Mickey's ears the closest to the right spot. Cameron won for making it into a more mature game and by turning Mickey's ears into the perfect bra for Hadley.
Her 2nd cake--Minnie Mouse
The lucky parents of this cute girl (the bottle will be the first thing to go now that she's a big two year old!)
We were so surprised and happy to have nan in town for the party!
And grandma and grandpa made it back from Mexico just in time for the party, too.
In honor of her 2nd Birthday, here are a few things you might not know about Mia:
- Loves to dance and has quite the moves.
- She thinks both Jack and Ryan are named "Jack" which is funny because Griffin thought they were both "Ryan" when he was two.
- She calls herself "Mimi".
- She's quite the couch potato and loves watching movies (yes, she's only two). A few of her fav's-- Mickey's Clubhouse, Beauty and The Beast, Ice Age, and My Neighbor Totoro.
- She prefers drinking her bottle over eating food and says, "I don't like it", "It's yucky", "It's old" before she even knows what I am making. This has gotten better now that she's no longer getting whole milk.
- She is adored by everyone in the family!