Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Jack spent many hours over the past 3 months rehearsing his part as Oberon, King of the fairies, for his 5th grade play-- A Midsummer Night's Dream. We were able to go see his great performance last week. I'm still not too sure what the storyline was in this play, but was impressed by all the kids and their ability to memorize so many lines (even if it was hard to understand what they were saying)! Here are some pictures of Jack from the play and video footage (sorry for the terrible resolution. I am still trying to figure out how to upload video that is quality but not too big of a file.)

Titania and Oberon

Oberon, King of the fairies

Oberon, Lysander, Puck, and Demetrius

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved! I thought I might be the only one that didn't completely understand the story! I was very impressed also with how many parts the kids had to learn. Of course, Jack was the easiest for me to hear and understand and made such a fine king!